Mass spectrometrist (m/f/d)
Leibniz Institute on Aging - Fritz Lipmann Institute (FLI), Jena
The Leibniz Institute on Aging - Fritz Lipmann Institute (FLI), Jena (Germany), is a federal and state government-funded research institute and member of the Leibniz Association (Wissenschaftsgemeinschaft Gottfried Wilhelm Leibniz e.V.). FLI’s internationally visible and highly competitive research is focused on understanding the mechanisms of aging and associated agerelated diseases. Scientists from over 40 countries are currently investigating the molecular mechanisms of aging and the occurrence of age-related diseases. Our aim is to create the basis for new approaches in medicine as a way to improve health in the elderly (www.leibniz-fli.de).
The Core Facilities and Core Services of the FLI support scientists with state-of-the-art technology platforms and methodology to carry out their research in a timely and efficient way. For our Core Facility Proteomics we are looking for an experienced Mass spectrometrist (m/f/d) who is able to support the facility in the next future.
The Core Facility Proteomics provides a complete platform for the identification and quantification of proteins using mass spectrometry. We are equipped with state-of-the-art chromatography systems and mass spectrometers (Thermo Orbitrap Fusion Lumos and Q Exactive HF-X) that enable multiple MS and LC-MS/MS experiments. The facility is scientifically supervised by Alessandro Ori: www.leibniz-fli.de/research/research-groups/ori/
- Setup & maintenance of liquid chromatography (LC) and mass spectrometry (MS) devices
- Develop new sample preparation and quantitative strategies for the analysis of proteins from biological samples
- Support users in the design, execution and interpretation of proteomic experiments
- Report data to customers
- Support the Core Facility Manager in running the Facility
- Maintain collaboration with key industry partners
- Train students and technicians
- Degree in Biology/Chemistry/Biochemistry/Physics or related and multiple years of experience (at least 2) in using and maintaining high-end Orbitrap mass spectrometers and LC devices
- Excellent know-how in quantitative proteomic workflows and data analysis
- Excellent team-working capabilities and excellent written and spoken English language skills, as well as very good communication skills
The following skills would be a plus:
- Experience in automated sample preparation, as well as liquid handling devices
- Knowledge in bioinformatics analyses of proteomics data could be beneficial but is not a prerequisite
- Opportunity to work in an international team in a well equipped and funded facility and to collaborate with scientists on ambitious projects tackling fundamental questions in the aging field. Opportunity to develop own scientific projects.
- Contract initially limited to two years with long term perspective upon internal evaluation. The contract conditions are based on the collective labour agreement for public service employees TV-L E13, plus an attractive occupational pension (VBL)
- Flexible working time, a family friendly working environment including support for child care solutions and dual career options
Candidates are encouraged to send their application (Job-ID 1925) latest by November 15th, 2019 by email jobs(at)leibniz-fli.de, one single-pdf-document.
Leibniz-Institut für Alternsforschung—Fritz-Lipmann-Institut e.V.